Sunday, May 13, 2007

Great weekend at Edisto

We had a great time at Edisto this past weekend. I spent a great deal of time fishing. I had a good spot on the jetty to set up all my stuff. Unfortunately, I didn't catch a darn thing....but I had a fun trying. Now I'm dying to get a little boat to get me back into the creeks to find some fish.My son found this clam in the sand on Big Bay Creek while we were putting out the crab pot:
It was apparently mating season for the horseshoe crabs, and they were all over the beach one morning at low tide. They were trying to make their way back to the water. This one happens to be covered with barnacles and other hitchhikers.There was also a random dead tree that had washed up onto the beach. It kept the kids' attention for a good while.
We wondered where it might be from and how far it may have drifted. It could be from only a few miles away, or it could be from another continent, after drifting for years in the Atlantic Ocean. I think it had been drifting for quite a while, because it had some barnacles growing on it. But, who knows?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

DSCF0018