Tuesday, June 06, 2006

George & Pink vegetable stand

This place is legendary on Edisto Island. It is basically a shack in the woods, located about a half mile down a dirt road (Eddingsville Beach Road) through a swamp.

George & Pink sells fruit, veggies, and also have the absolute best boiled peanuts on the planet. There are always chickens and other animals roaming around. It's quite a place. If you go to Edisto, George & Pink is an absolute requirement to complete the Edisto experience.

Here's a short video showing Eddingville Beach Road. I told you it was a dirt road through the swamp, didn't I? Well, I wasn't kidding. It's like going back in time.

Click here to listen to a public radio segment about George & Pink.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jill in Greenville said...

I'm supposed to be working :-) but I needed a little Edisto. Found this video and you took me right back! I was there in May, going back in September ('09). Thank you for the fix; it was a real treat. You know a place is special when a tour of the "business district" relaxes you!

7/13/2009 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

DSCF0018